The mouth is a mysterious place. Here are 10 fun facts that you might have never known.
- You will spend a total of 38.5 hours brushing your teeth in your lifetime.
- Your mouth will produce over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That could fill two swimming pools. Gross!
- The hardest part of your body is not your bones, but actually the enamel on the surface of your teeth.
- Each smile is different, just like fingerprints.
- Floss daily to access the 40 percent of a tooth’s surface area that is hidden.
- Your mouth contains more than 300 different types of bacteria, which make up plaque.
- Every year, Americans purchase more than 14 million gallons of toothpaste.
- Right-handed people chew on the right side of their mouth. Left-handed people chew on the the left. Who knew?
- Humans have four different types of teeth (incisors, canine, premolars, and molars) to cut, tear, and grind food.
- You can only see two thirds of your teeth. The other one third is hidden on your gums.
Want to learn more crazy facts about teeth? Call 775.359.3934 to schedule an appointment with Champagne Pediatric Dentistry.