Since the coronavirus pandemic began, many parents are unsure about the dental services that are available to their children. If your child is a patient of ours or a new patient, we have a few tips to help your child maintain a healthy smile through routine dental exams and cleanings or emergency dental care during this time.
What If My Child’s Dental Exam and Cleaning Was Postponed at Champagne Pediatric Dentistry?
We are now open for all pediatric dental services, including dental exams and cleanings. We are doing our best to reach out to all of our patients who had these appointments scheduled during the COVID-19 shutdown but have not been able to reach everyone yet.
If your child had a dental hygiene appointment scheduled during the time our practice was closed or is behind on his or her routine dental maintenance and you would like to expedite a future appointment, we would appreciate it if you call us at 775-359-3934 or text us at 775-241-1790 in order to reschedule your appointment. Please note, appointments are filling up fast for the rest of 2020.
If you would like your child to be seen sooner, please call or text us on a day you are free to come in to see if we have any last minute cancellations for the day.
If you do not plan on coming in for a future appointment that you have scheduled, we ask that you please call or text us and let us know so we can save these appointments for others.
What If My Child Is a New Patient at Champagne Pediatric Dentistry?
We are accepting new patients at Champagne Pediatric Dentistry and can’t wait to help your child to maintain a bright and healthy smile over the years.
To make your first appointment, please call us at 775-359-3934 or text us at 775-241-1790 in order to schedule your appointment. In the meantime, read about what to expect at your child’s first dental appointment. Please note, appointments are filling up fast for the rest of 2020. We will try to get your little one on the schedule for the earliest appointment possible.
What Is the Difference Between ‘Essential’ and ‘Emergency’ Dental Care?
Essential dental care for children includes routine dental exams and cleanings, which can currently be scheduled for a future date. Emergency dental care consists of fractured or knocked out permanent teeth, bleeding, swelling, and pain and might require a same-day appointment.
If you are unsure about whether or not your child needs emergency dental care, it is important you call us anyway so that our doctors can help determine whether or not your child requires immediate emergency care or can be seen at a later date. Currently, both options are available.
What Are Your Current COVID-Related Safety Precautions?
We can assure you that we have reopened with all of the required safety precautions in place, including:
- A pre-screening health status questionnaire will be sent by text to patients to fill out before their appointments. If a parent or guardian wishes to attend with the child, the adult will need to fill out a form too. Patients will need to fill out these forms before every visit. Anyone else will need to wait in the car until the appointment is over.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we are no longer using our waiting room. When patients arrive, they should text us at the number provided to them previous to their appointment and remain in their car.
- Once the clinical team is ready for patients, they will text patients to meet at the door.
- Patients will have their temperatures taken at the door.
- All staff members are provided with the required personal protective equipment.
- All staff members have their temperatures checked before they enter work for the day.